Parents, WE NEED YOU! Decades of research show that when parents are involved students have:
- Higher grades, test scores, and graduation rates
- Better school attendance
- Increased motivation, better self-esteem
- Lower rates of suspension
We invite you to ask your child’s teacher what you can do to help support your child’s education! You may also visit with the school principal to receive more information on how you can contribute to the success of all Sacaton Braves!
Parental Involvement Opportunities
- Attend Parent-Teacher Meetings and Conferences
- Ask questions about child(ren)'s progress and growth
- Ask for meetings and trainings
- Make suggestions for Title I funding
- Review the school’s achievement data
- Attend parent involvement events throughout the school year
SESD's Parental Involvement Policy
Parents Right to Know
Parents/Guardians in the Sacaton Elementary School District have the right to learn about the following qualifications of their child's teacher:
state licensure requirements for the grade level and content areas taught
the current licensing status of your child's teacher
You may also request the qualifications of an instructional paraprofessional who serves your student in a Title I program or if your school operates a school wide Title I program.
Parents/Guardians may request this information from the Office of the Superintendent by calling 520-562-8600 or by sending a letter of request to the Office of the Superintendent, PO Box 98, Sacaton Arizona 85147. The Sacaton Elementary School District ensures that parents will be notified in writing if their child has been assigned, or has been taught by a teacher for four or more consecutive weeks by a teacher who is not considered highly qualified.